CasperLabs Weekly Update, 24th November 2020: Feasibility of a Smart Contract Economy
- The team has started the fourth weekly sprint of the 20.12 release cycle (Sprint 8.4). Release 20.12 delivers prioritized bug fixes, networking improvements, and more consensus protocol security features. The network will support up to 100 validator slots in the bonding auction. Validators can bid for open slots by using the bidding API.
- Supporting the security audit; there were some findings during the audit process which was already on our to-do list.
- We expect to exit the audit by the first week of December with a report on the findings.
- Performing unit test for LNC (Fork bomb and Spam protection feature).
- Consensus: Design “Disconnect” from nodes sending invalid messages. This disconnects nodes that are sending invalid messages from the network.
- Completing libp2p network component implementation.
- We’ve moved the rust client into its own library so we’ll be able to build a suite of unit test for the rust client.
- Completing RPC endpoint that returns endpoint documentation; this documentation helps folks building against the RPC directly without using the client or want to build their own client.
- We’re designing a solution for blocks to be finalized twice. For example, if a new node is being synchronized, the node runner may re-finalize blocks that have previously being finalized.
- We’re subjecting CLarity to Continuous Integration/Deployment.
- Working on displaying the list of Validators on CLarity.
- Block proposer: complete gas pricing model.
- Alexander Limonov talk about the feasibility of a smart contract economy.
- On Monday 16th, November, we launched the Delta testnet along with our developer portal. This marks the final incentivized testnet before the main net launch in 2021.
- Our weekly Governance/Community call holds every Tuesday
- Time: 9:00 AM PST (16:00 UTC, Sydney +11, Beijing +8, Greece +3, Amsterdam +2, Onitsha +1, New York -4, Seattle -7)
- Location: https://casperlabs.zoom.us/j/488766416
- Our weekly workshops/dApp Session holds twice a week on:
- Thursdays 07:00 am Pacific time and
- Fridays, midnight Pacific (4 pm Japanese Time).
- The zoom meeting id is https://casperlabs.zoom.us/j/924713678.