CasperLabs Weekly Update, 25th August 2020: Casper Enhancement Proposals (CEPs)
This week at CasperLabs, the team entered it’s third sprint for Node 0.20.09 release. Coming along with this Node software includes economic feature; transactions fees and security feature; slashing. We’ll be opening up validator slots for the Beta-testnet to include more validator in the coming days. We have a new version of Casper signer v0.03 that’s slated for release soon. This version fixes issues with the keygen file.
- We're on the third weekly sprint of our 5th release (Spring 5.3). The focus of this cycle is to deliver additional economic features (transaction fees), security features (slashing).
- The team is also working on Client API and will deliver a Rust Client that has feature parity with the current Python Client using the Client API.
- We’ll be opening up the Rust node repository in the coming days.
- We’re getting ready to set up a 20 node test network for the Rust node.
- We’ll be opening the beta testnet to include more validators.
- On Highway, we’re working on improving error handling for the consensus component.
- We’re designing and implementing the mechanism for node join/rejoin. This enables nodes that have been offline or with liveness faults to be able to rejoin and sync with other nodes on the network.
- Unifying storage for Genesis validators and validators with Active bids.
- Pull based reward distribution to stakers that participated in consensus (no liveness faults).
- We have a fix to the Keygen issue on testnet. We intend to restart the network in the coming days to implement this.
- We are unifying notions of accounts and contracts on the contract runtime.
- We have a new version of the CasperLabs signer v0.03 that is slated for release soon.
- We’re building a parser for CLTypes to verify contract arguments when sending deploys from the CLarity.
- Implement metrics of Clarity with the help of Prometheus.
- Implement the creation of .pem files for key generation in CLarity for the Rust network.
- Adding support for Complex Types in Arguments DSL.
- Medha Parlikar talks through the use cases of the Casper network as a general computing platform.
- Onur Solmaz gives a talk on Casper Enhancement Proposal (CEP).
- Casper Enhancement Proposal (CEP) on GitHub
- Our weekly Governance/Community call holds every Tuesday
- Time: 9:00 AM PST (16:00 UTC, Sydney +11, Beijing +8, Greece +3, Amsterdam +2, Onitsha +1, New York -4, Seattle -7)
- Location: https://casperlabs.zoom.us/j/488766416
- Our weekly workshops/dApp Session holds twice a week on:
- Thursdays 07:00 am Pacific time and
- Fridays 12:00 am Pacific (4 pm Japanese Time).
- The zoom meeting id is https://casperlabs.zoom.us/j/924713678.